- Signal to Noise Ratio (without Harmonics)
- The ratio of the rms signal amplitude (set at 1 dB below full scale) to the rms
value of all other spectral components, excluding the first five harmonics
- Spurious Free Dynamic Range
- The ratio of the rms signal amplitude to the rms value of the peak spurious
spectral component. The peak spectral component may or not may be a harmonic.
May be reported in dBc (i.e. degrades as signal levels is lowered), or in dBFS
(always related back to converter full scale).
- Differential Nonlinearity
- The deviation of any code from an ideal 1 LSB step
- Integral Nonlinearity
- The deviation of the transfer function from a reference line measured in
fractions of 1 LSB using a "best straight line" determined by a least square
Back to index