We ship since October 2018 the TR40-16bit-3U units with significantly improved characteristics.
- standard deviation for the first 4000 range bins in analog and photon counting
- configurable sampling rate
- faster accumulation
- front panel size reduced by a factor of 2
- identical electrical data interface, the new TR can be mixed with older TR in the same rack.
- The driver is compatible to the previous versions, saving your software investments.
The Licel transient recorder is a powerful data acquisition system, especially designed for remote sensing applications. To meet the demanding requirements of optical signal detection, a new concept was developed to reach the best dynamic range together with high temporal resolution at fast signal repetition rates.
For the first time analog detection of the photomultiplier current and single photon counting is combined in one acquisition system. The combination of a powerful A/D converter (16 Bit at 40 MHz) with a 800 MHz fast photon counting system increases the dynamic range of the acquired signal substantially compared to conventional systems. Signal averaging is performed by specially designed ASIC's which outperform processor based solutions. A high speed data interface to the host computer allows readout of the acquired signal even between two laser shots.The implementation of this concept makes the Licel transient recorder the state of the art solution for all applications where fast and accurate detection of photomultiplier, photodiode or other electrical signals is required at high repetition rates.