We ship since May 2021 new TR80-16bit-3U units, which offer a doubled sampling rate compared to the standard TR40-16bit-3U.
- The standard TR40-16bit-3U units comes with significantly improved characteristics over units sold before 2018:
- standard deviation for the first 4000 range bins in analog and photon counting
- configurable sampling rate
- faster accumulation
- front panel size reduced by a factor of 2
- identical electrical data interface, the new TR can be mixed with older TR in the same rack.
- The driver is compatible to the previous versions, saving your software investments.
- The 80MHz units have slightly smaller SNR as they have a higher bandwidth, but have the advantages of more data points for high rep-rate short range systems.
The Licel transient recorder is a powerful data acquisition system, especially designed for remote sensing applications. To meet the demanding requirements of optical signal detection, a new concept was developed to reach the best dynamic range together with high temporal resolution at fast signal repetition rates.
For the first time analog detection of the photomultiplier current and single photon counting is combined in one acquisition system. The combination of a powerful A/D converter (16 Bit at 40/80 MHz) with a 800 MHz fast photon counting system increases the dynamic range of the acquired signal substantially compared to conventional systems. Signal averaging is performed by specially designed ASIC's which outperform processor based solutions. A high speed data interface to the host computer allows readout of the acquired signal even between two laser shots.The implementation of this concept makes the Licel transient recorder the state of the art solution for all applications where fast and accurate detection of photomultiplier, photodiode or other electrical signals is required at high repetition rates.